Question 1: Why should we use SPC in my company?Does your company need SPC? If any of the following statements applies to you, SPC can help you perform better:
• The operators measure single parts and adjust the process accordingly.
• Your customer finds parts where a measurement or characteristic lies outside the tolerance limits.
• Production is not satisfied with the quality of the plant.
• When your customer finds parts where a measurement or characteristic lies outside the tolerance limits, you solve the problem by reducing the tolerance range for that particular measurement.
• You claim that the parts your customers get are just as good no matter where they lie within the tolerance range.
Faq´s about SPC
1. Why should we use SPC in my company? »
2. Where should we start using SPC in our operations? »
3. What can we achieve with SPC? »
4. Can we start to introduce SPC without any preparation? »
5. What is MSA? »
6. What should we think about before starting to use SPC? »
7. What software should we use? »
8. What is the difference between producing with and without SPC? »
9. Where should the control limits be located on the control chart? »
10. What capability index should we have as a minimum requirement? »
11. We produce short runs. Is SPC any use to us? »
12. At what intervals should we measure the sample groups? »